We are seeking a Senior Associate to join the Central America and North America team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in our newly opened Washington DC office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate for the Senior Associate role will play an important part in the development of S-RM’s fast-growing Central America and North America team. The candidate will report into the regional head and will be involved in numerous areas of the management of the team personnel and casework, including:
- Managing open source and human source-led due diligence investigations;
- Editing reports and providing constructive feedback;
- Training, development and line management of more junior members of the team, likely including both analysts and case managers;
- Preparing proposals for new business;
- Analysing human source material and supporting the development of S-RM’s human source network; and;
- Presenting to case managers and clients
The role will be based in our newly opened Washington DC office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- A high working proficiency in Spanish;
- Demonstrable regional experience or interests;
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university;
- At least three years’ experience working in a relevant industry;
- Significant experience interacting with clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Relevant experience managing others; and,
- A working knowledge of financial and commercial concepts.
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the USA by the start of their employment.