WHO ARE WE
S-RM is an intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing sharp, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything, it’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
WORKING IN CYBER AT S-RM
Our Cyber Security division is the newest and fastest-growing part of S-RM. The cyber sector is always evolving, and our Advisory, Testing, Incident Response and Forensics practices are in more demand than ever.
We’re building a team to meet this challenge. This means we’re quick to respond, innovate, and improve. We don’t get too hung up on hierarchy or bureaucracy. If your ideas are good enough, we’ll empower you to implement them. And when you need a hand, your team will always have your back.
We also don’t believe there’s a typical cyber security professional. We’ve built a team of intelligence analysts, technical specialists, software developers, investigators, risk managers, and more. You’ll always find a range of perspectives and expertise for you to draw on.
If that sounds like your kind of team, we’d like to hear from you.
Senior Associates are typically the senior technical role in our testing engagements. You will lead exercises directly, breaching client systems and providing advice on improvements to their cyber defences.
Typical activities and projects will include:
- Leading testing engagements to a high standard, including internal penetration testing and assumed breach scenarios for a variety of clients. Most of our internal testing is done remotely, and requires creative thinking and a cautious approach to expose potential weaknesses;
- Leading project teams;
- Creating actionable plans for our clients to improve their security after exposing their weaknesses;
- Conducting regular research on effective testing techniques and proactively sharing that knowledge with the team.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed within Ethical Hacking at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
We’re looking for someone that is able to adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment. This person will have some or all of these skills:
- Extensive experience in scoping and executing red team operations, as well as advanced penetration tests;
- Some experience working in a consulting environment;
- Demonstrable management, leadership, and mentoring capabilities;
- Experience setting up and using C2 infrastructure, working with tools like Cobalt Strike;
- Coding ability to support your red teaming activities;
- Some examples of relevant cyber security certifications are always beneficial for our cyber roles, but in particular: OSCP, OSEP, OSED, OSEE, CRTP or CRTE.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, this includes but is not exhaustive of:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every year of service up to a maximum of 30 days in total);
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours;
- Matching pension contribution up to 6% (up to a maximum of 12% combined), and financial education;
- Life Insurance 4X annual salary.
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits including:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit) for you and your family;
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace.
The role will be based at our London office. However, we have flexible working arrangements available.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team.
- An interview to assess your baseline technical skills.
- An interview to discuss your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
To apply, send a CV to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.