We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in Cape Town as a Senior Associate in the Europe team. As a Senior Associate, you will run a team conducting due diligence and corporate investigations focused on European companies and individuals of interests.
Work at S-RM is varied and challenging. Projects range from a few days to several months, and regularly focus on different industries and countries. With every project, you will build up knowledge of new industries, political trends, commercial developments, and key figures within business and politics.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Business Intelligence Senior Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of corporate intelligence reports, including corruption and fraud assessments, anti-money laundering reviews, asset tracing and other litigation support projects, and due diligence and compliance products;
- Scoping new projects and helping to prepare proposals for new business;
- Liaising with clients over ongoing project work;
- Editing and quality controlling reports produced by Analysts to ensure they are accurate, thorough and well-written;
- Managing a team of Analysts and Associates, including day-to-day management on tasks, providing ongoing coaching and feedback and supporting their longer-term professional development; and,
- Supporting the recruitment, onboarding and training process for Analysts and Associates in the Cape Town Business Intelligence team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of six years’ experience working in a relevant industry. This may include corporate intelligence, financial journalism, law, management consultancy, macro-economic analysis, or other related field;
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to edit other people’s written work;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Significant corporate and commercial experience, including experience interacting with clients and a good understanding of the corporate environment;
- Good people management skills and relevant experience managing others;
- A high working proficiency in French, Spanish, German or another European language is a strong advantage.
Eligibility to work in South Africa without visa sponsorship is required.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The position will report to the Associate Director, Europe, who is permanently based in our London office. As such, the successful candidate will be proactive and good at working unsupervised, whilst also having the strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to maintain close working relationships between international offices.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent attention to detail. They must be flexible, with a willingness to work outside the job specification when required. They must possess the ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.