S-RM is recruiting a Senior Developer to play a key role in the expansion of our digital services.
Main duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Digital, the Senior Developer will be one of the key initial hires as we establish an internal engineering function in the business. The Jobholder will work closely with the Digital and IT teams and our external development partners to develop and support a suite of applications for our Corporate Intelligence team.
Engineering and Architecture
- Work closely with architects, developers and product team to design and deliver solutions that meet business needs
- Become a domain expert across our core products managed on the AWS platform: the client-facing Portal suite (a web application built using the Symfony PHP framework with associated microservices built in Golang) and an internal facing intelligence platform Swan (Golang/React)
- Build a close working relationship with IT/Information Security and external partners to ensure solutions are robust, secure and scalable
- Manage automated lifecycle operations including build, test, integration and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop best practices for web application development and systems integrations across the business
- Contribute to ‘build or buy’ decisions regarding technology selection
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Degree level education in a computer science, maths or related numerate subject, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years’ engineering experience in an enterprise software development environment
- Demonstrable experience of ground-up application design, architecture, development and integration
- Solid experience in Golang, PHP and Amazon Web Services, including but not limited to EC2, RDS, SQS, S3 and KMS.
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience of any of the following: ElasticSearch/ELK, Symfony, Python, ReactJS.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in secure development practices
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience hiring, managing and mentoring junior developers
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across different teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We put a lot of effort into ensuring that out benefits package is not only meaningful, but it is also constantly evolving with our employee’s needs. Below you will find some information on a few of the benefits that all our employees can take advantage of:
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- 50% discount with a nationwide gym chain
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.