We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team at S-RM and contribute to the company’s ambitious technology and digital transformation roadmap.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global risk and intelligence consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 300+ practitioners spanning six international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber, operational and security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks, security incidents and organisational crises.
Technology sits at the heart of our business and is central to our growth strategy. We are constantly adding new services and investing in digital transformation across all areas of the business, as we expand the scope of our Corporate Intelligence and Cyber Security offerings.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will report into the IT leadership and work closely with the product management team, engineering, IT operations and colleagues in the Cyber Security and Corporate Intelligence consulting divisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to automate deployment processes across key technology areas
- Design and implement infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines to support a range of solutions including virtual working environments, web applications and cyber security tooling
- Increase coverage of Infrastructure As Code (using Terraform, Bicep, ARM etc.) across the business and implement disaster recovery/failovers for key services
- Embed DevOps practices within software engineering teams and client-facing Cyber Security Incident Response / Ethical Hacking teams
- Coach and mentor team members to expand DevOps skillset across the business
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Proven System Administration experience across both Windows and Linux
- Strong knowledge of AWS/Azure cloud platforms
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code (such as Terraform, Bicep, ARM etc)
- Previous experience applying the DevOps methodology in cross-functional Scrum/Kanban teams
- Ideally, a strong interest in Cyber Security, Forensics and/or Ethical Hacking
The jobholder will need to have the following personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role
- Impeccable organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and skills
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when require
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
The role will be based in our London office however flexible working arrangements are available.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every day of service up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit);
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- Gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace;
- Financial education – free 1-2-1 consultations and mortgage clinics.
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours