Reporting to the CEO, the Head of the Crisis Management will lead the development and implementation of the overall strategy for the business unit.
Crisis Management is one of 3 business units within S-RM, and aims to support our clients in preventing crises, safeguarding people, assets and reputation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and implementing overall commercial and operational strategy
- Business unit financial management, including setting and managing budget
- Overall responsibility for hitting the Business Unit revenue and EBITDA targets
- Responsibility for hitting personal sales targets
- Lead client relationship manager
- Overall responsibility for people management and HR across BU
- Overseeing delivery, capacity and quality assurance across all regions and service lines
- Overseeing technical development programmes and strategic projects to support delivery and innovation
- Management of central support functions, and liaison with COO, Legal, Compliance, IT
- Delivery of consulting projects
The role will be based in our London office, but will involve international travel from time to time as required.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- At least 15 years combined experience in senior positions in one or more of the following areas:
- Professional consultancy
- Corporate Risk Management
- Security Management
- Legal advisory to the C-Suite
- Operational Resilience
- Crisis Communications
- Armed or Police Forces
- At least 4 years’ experience in a corporate crisis or security management role, either:
- providing consultancy services to external clients, or
- corporate security management
- Educated to undergraduate degree level or equivalent,
- Experience in working for an international organisation,
- Experience in strategy development and implementation,
- At least 5 years experience in sales and client relationship management,
- Experience in managing a departmental P&L,
- Commensurate experience in establishing a new service offering, building a brand and achieving ambitious sales targets.
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent fluent written and spoken English with other language(s) as highly desirable
- Strong communication skills displayed through confident interpersonal, public speaking and presentational abilities.
- Confident and effective at advising and briefing at all levels, including C-Suite client stakeholders.
- Significant experience of providing results in demanding environments.
- Ability to consistently deliver a high-quality service within tight deadlines and whilst overcoming critical obstacles.
- Willingness to respond to and support crises worldwide alongside globally based staff.
- Adept problem solver with a proven ability in identifying critical operational priorities whilst maintaining quality of service.
- Adept at identifying reputational risk and managing threats.
- IT proficient with a willingness and ability to learn new technical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to follow client and incident specific procedures.
- Ability to manage personnel and resources effectively.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom by the start of their employment.