S-RM is recruiting a Senior IT Support Engineer to play a key role in supporting our global offices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Senior IT Support Engineer will play a vital role in providing first-class IT support to S-RM’s global offices and help deliver IT projects. This person will work within S-RM’s global technology support team.
- Provide global support to S-RM’s offices
- Resolve end-user requirements including hardware and software support
- Support and troubleshooting of local office AV equipment
- Perform application support installation, removal, configuration and updates.
- Technical/engineering software license monitoring, compliance, audits and support.
- Maintaining and creating technical documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Assist in responding to and remediating any 1st/ 2nd/3rd line issues affecting all or part of the organisation
- Working closely with the Global IT Team to deliver global initiatives
- Administration and Troubleshooting of Office 365 applications including Teams, SharePoint Online and Exchange Online.
- Manage local procurement and vendor management
- Assist with local budgeting and forecasting
- Contributing to Continual Service Improvement, Service Reporting and Service Measurement
- Manage onboarding/ offboarding process (including hardware set-up)
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive hands-on experience working in a support environment
- Windows 10 deployment and management
- Windows Server (Active Directory, ADUC, Sites and Services, GPO, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, DFS, Storage solutions, SAN)
- Extensive experience in deploying Group Policies
- PowerShell scripting
- Managing and supporting Hyper-V and VMware server estates
- M365 ecosystem – including in-depth knowledge and administration of Exchange online, Teams, Security & Compliance Centre
- M365 portal management – eg Teams, SharePoint, ExchangeOnline, AzureAD, Intune, ADConnect
- Troubleshooting client side issues, Windows 10, networking and mailflow
- Experience of supporting SharePoint online environments including document management, intranet and flows/ PowerApps
- Experience of supporting Azure environments (and resources)
- Experience of supporting security tooling (EDR, SIEM, IDS, IPS)
- Fundamental 101 networking knowledge, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Firewalls, routing, VPNs.
- Fundamentals of Cloud vs onprem concepts
- Fundamentals of Azure
- Exposure to Information Security frameworks (e.g. ISO27001/ NIST)
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across different teams and timezones
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working in a fast-paced enterprise environment
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- 50% discount with a nationwide gym chain
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme