A critical role to support the day to day and strategic management of the Workday ERP system.
The system accountant will be a key component of the Finance team to ensure the control environment is maintained and the business information is protected. Ensure the system is fit for purpose and continues to deliver value to the wider business. Workday is a critical part of the digitalisation of S-RM ways of working in key operational areas including the management of professional services to customers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full system administrator leadership and ownership. Champion Workday for the S-RM.
- On-going maintenance and development of Workday.
- Support administration of the support case ticketing system.
- Facilitate the backlog prioritisation, the weekly sprint cycle and gather requirements by liaising with the wider business to ensure the system continues to improve and deliver value.
- Manages the formal bi-annual Workday upgrade cycle (February and August).
- Actively involved in new functionality and feature release roll outs including project work.
- Recommend the optimum way of maintaining systems going forward taking account of the need for accurate and timely reporting, system security and segregation of duties.
- Actively engages with the stakeholders to suggest and implement further improvements to the financial and operational processes and ways of working within the system and around the system, thinking end to end.
- Assist in maintaining the user guides and liaises with the internal communications manager to ensure the business is aware of upcoming changes.
- Support training finance, central operation team and business on newly implemented processes, including the production of user guides and training manuals.
- Support finance systems team in key development work by conducting own system testing and supporting wider team UAT.
- Engage with the Workday Community to keep abreast of changes, fixes, best practice, etc.
- Support Central Operations with best practice, standard processes, reporting, etc.
- Other – Harvest reporting (time recording tool), control and risk register.
The role will be based in our London office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to successfully perform this role are:
- Must have 5 years experience of developing and maintaining Workday, Oracle NetSuite, or a comparable finance/business system.
- Report writing skills to support business unit operational reporting needs.
- Experience of wider accounting processes such as transaction processing, budget and reporting to assist engagement with teams.
- Experience of multi-currency and international operations.
- Comfortable working in an ever-evolving environment resulting in continual change.
The individual will need to have the following personal skills and attributes:
- Attention to detail as a ‘completer-finisher’ with a problem-solving mentality and approach.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage own workload including the prioritisation of tasks.
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to learn, develop and lead.
Desired IT skills and experiences:
- Workday or similar scale ERP.
- System roll outs and project management (e.g ITSM, ITIL).
- System ownership.
- Data analysis skills, ideally usng Power BI or Tableau.
- MS Office, with excellent Excel.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com