We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
S-RM Intelligence and Risk Consulting Limited (company number 05408866) whose registered office is at Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph St, London, EC3A 7DT and all of S-RM’s group companies are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as data controllers. Any questions you have in relation to this policy and how we use your data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph St, London, EC3A 7DT.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data (i.e. any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally) we may collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We will never sell your personal data, and will only ever share it with organisations we work with where necessary and if its privacy and security are guaranteed.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we process your personal data and how we will treat it.
information We Collect From You
We collect the following information directly from you to enable us, and our group companies, to provide you with the requested services:
- Your full name and your job title; and,
- Your contact details, including your e-mail address and the name of your company, where applicable.
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your interests and preferences; and,
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and it is used for the purpose of providing you with a full access to the services available on our website.
The collection of your data is a requirement for the formation of a contract between you and us, namely to enable us to administer your account and to provide to you the products and services you have requested. You are not under an obligation to provide any of your personal data. However, this might result in us being unable to provide you with the requested services and/or full access to our website.
We will store your data for as long as it is required for the performance of our obligations under the contract between you and us. Should you decide to terminate your subscription to our services, we will delete your contact details from our distribution list within one calendar month from the date of receipt of your request to delete your data, unless specified otherwise by you. We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required.
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not normally collect or store sensitive personal data (such as information relating to health, beliefs and political affiliations).
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any subscription to various communications;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
In addition to the above specified uses of your personal data, from time to time we would like to contact you with details of other products and services that we provide, including briefing notes on current trends and topics, updates on ‘breaking news’ and recent events, or with information regarding our new products and product updates. We might also contact you for the purposes of informing you of upcoming events that we consider might be of particular relevance to you or your business.
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so please contact our marketing department by e-mailing email@example.com.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Data that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the relevant data protection requirements and that the transfers of data are subject to appropriate safeguards including, where applicable, reliance on an adequacy decision by the European Commission, or, in the case of absence thereof, the use of relevant contractual safeguards, including the use of mechanisms prescribed by the relevant Data Protection laws such as binding corporate rules and the use of standard model clauses approved by the European Commission or the Information Commissioner’s Office, copies of which can be obtained on request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Data
We employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your data safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of your personal information.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means). Our staff receive data protection training and we have a set of detailed data protection procedures which personnel are required to follow when handling personal data.
Disclosure of your information
We will never sell your personal data. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 to assist us in provision of the services requested by you. We may also disclose your personal information to our service providers from time to time to enable us to provide you with the requested services. In any event, any such disclosure will be in accordance with the applicable Data Protection laws using relevant safeguards. To ensure that your personal data is protected at all times.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any of our or buy any other business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If S-RM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
In addition to the rights set out above, the Data Protection laws award individuals whose data is processed by companies like us a number of specific rights. These are as follows:
- The right to request from us access to the information we hold about you and, if you consider such information to be incorrect, the right to seek correction or deletion of such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent for a specific use of your data provided to us;
- The right to restrict any processing by us of the data relating to you, should you consider that the data we hold about you is incorrect, for the time allowing us to verify its accuracy, in case when you object to deletion of such data by us or when such data is required to be stored by us for the purposes of progressing a legal claim;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data by us;
- The right to obtain copies of the data that we hold about you in a machine readable format and to transfer such data to another company on your request.
You can exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you consider that our processing of your personal data breaches any of your rights under the Data Protection laws currently in force, and following our reasonable efforts to rectify any shortcomings in the way we manage your data you continue to be dissatisfied with the way your data is handled by us, you have the right to complain to the national supervisory authority. The national supervisory authority for the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information on how the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you, please visit their website which can be accessed by following this link https://ico.org.uk/.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.